Monday 26 April 2010

redrafts

So at last, down to one paragraph needing attention in Megan's story. Consider it attended to, and on its way back to... My Agent. As you can see the gloss of actually having an agent still hasn't worn off, but I promise it's the last time I use that epithet.

The thrill of working with someone who has a fine editing brain will never rub off, I reckon. It's just too important. I can't be all things to my writing. A second pair of eyes, an objective examination, someone who can think outside the box I'm writing in, is so important to me. To those out there who know they're good editors of their own work, stand up and be counted. I'd like to meet you and learn how to do that.

Now, I'm on hope's knife edge, waiting to see if he (who-shall-not-be-named-till-he's-sold-the idea) engages a publisher, and does what is required with rights and contracts, (longing to find out!) so that at last I can reveal the name, and figure on the website, and other exciting things like that. Small pearls, but pearls none the less, to me.

I'll keep you posted on developments.



I ought to be thinking about the next project. There's still the seal novel, but as it's sitting between two stools, i.e. nine year olds and young adults, then there's a lot to do to make it fit one or the other. There's also the picture book. Both are being pondered upon by you know who, and here's hoping that his fine editing brain can come up with some ideas I can agree with!

No comments:

Post a Comment