Thursday 24 December 2009

elephants

So this is Christmas and I have a herd of elephants on their way to the manger. There's a small one who's already there and calling to the others. There's an old dame of an elephant, big and slow, bringing up the rear and a youngster keeping her company. Perhaps they're singing.

This is my mantelpiece, my Fenwick's Christmas Window, my nativity scene.
People think I'm mad. But I love elephants and I love Christmas, so why not?

I'm surrounded by twinkle lights and wrapping paper and soon I'll be singing carols. And gazing at elephants of course. A perfect Christmas Eve.

Christmas greetings to all those who've posted me (now that the problem's fixed, I hope that more of you will join in). To Sammy (and any other young writer) my advice is just to keep it up, keep enjoying, it's one of the best things.

To those of you who want to read the first three chapters then email me at my website: www.celiabryce.co.uk or www.celiabryce.com . Perhaps I'll put them up there for all to see.

Happy Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment