Monday 25 January 2010

More mystery?

Thanks to Hollie for being the first to write down her thoughts on the beginning chapters of my novel, and for posting them. Hollie would like more mystery (and you can see the rest of her thoughts by clicking on the comments under my last post).

For those of you reading it too, perhaps you can suggest how to inject more mystery into it. Or maybe there's enough in it for you. Let me know. I'd be really delighted to know what you think.

Hollie also mentioned that some of the words were a bit hard. Probably they are. Maybe that's a good thing, maybe they make the reader have to think. On the other hand they might get in the way of the story. I hope not.

Getting the balance right is key to this, but the reading group holds the answer I'm sure, so keep posting, keep letting me know.

And if after reading and commenting on these chapters you want to read something completely different then let me know and I'll send it out to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment